There is often confusion around exactly what is an Urgent Repair.
The Residential Tenancy Act 1997 distinguishes between urgent and non urgent repairs.
Should you have an urgent repair you can contact Impact Property Management Group on 0411 171 168 or 0414 602 129 after hours.
The following are deemed to be urgent repairs and need to be attended to immediately:
- Burst water service
- Blocked or broken toilet system
- Serious roof leak
- Gas leak
- Dangerous electrical fault
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- Serious storm or fire damage
- A failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by the landlord or owner for water, hot water, cooking, heating or doing laundry
- A failure or breakdown in any appliance or fitting provided by the landlord or owner that will result in a large amount of water being wasted
- A failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
- A serious fault in a lift or staircase
- Any fault or damage that makes the premises unsafe or not secure
For more information on Urgent Repair can be found on the Consumer Affairs website.